[CAUT] Boston changed to dealers techs mfgrs and other such

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 20 09:19:31 MST 2009

It's time for me to weigh in here again.  I thank everyone for responding to
my first inquiry.  My situation stemmed from a dealer/salesperson trying to
get by with as little as possible and no regard or care for the quality of
work offered to the customer once the sale was made.

With regard to the current thread: I believe that if there is no motivation
to change/improve most people will not make that choice. Proof of this are
the many associate members or non-members making a perfectly good living
without upgrading to RPT. Why should they.. And, likewise, a dealership or
manufacturer won't change unless it is to their advantage financially.  Many
of us, and a majority on this List, keep upgrading our skills because of our
own personal standards, not because we are obligated or will appreciate any
significant financial reward for doing so.  The RPT (and better) designation
still doesn't mean much in the big picture, but it does mean something to us
personally.

As for requiring anyone to hire RPTs exclusively..dream on!  It has to be
clear that there is a financial advantage to doing that and that just isn't
the case.  I don't see much loyalty for good work, either.  In my case, I've
done work for the dealer I mentioned for over 22 years and each sale they
make, or every new salesperson that comes on board, they may call someone
else.someone cheaper and less experienced if they can get away with it.  And
they can!

jeannie

  _____