[CAUT] Jeanie's brain storm - was Boston changed to dealers...

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 23 13:48:42 MST 2009

Mark,
Please understand....my suggestions have nothing to do with PTG.  Rather, it
addresses manufacturers dealing more directly and effectively with their
pianos at the dealerships and encouraging dealers to use technicians who
have gone out of their way to get additional training.

I was trying to come up with ideas of how that training could take place in
a more financially digestible way for everyone, technicians and
manufacturers alike.  PTG conventions can offer this and while I think
everyone seeking more training should be a member of PTG, classes at
Conventions are not only for PTG members.  (Non-members would pay more if
offered through PTG, of course.)

Practically speaking, I don't think we're in a position right now to require
anyone to do anything.  However, starting to act like it means something
certainly is a big step.  Why can't there be some accountability on
everyone's part for the quality of work offered.  Once again, I'm not
talking about PTG or RPT qualifications, I am speaking more broadly about
the quality of technical work done at dealerships and the input from
manufacturers.

jeannie