[CAUT] Jeanie's brain storm - was Boston changed to dealers...

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Mon Nov 23 16:16:04 MST 2009

Jeannie Grassi wrote:
> Mark,
> Please understand....my suggestions have nothing to do with PTG.  Rather, it
> addresses manufacturers dealing more directly and effectively with their
> pianos at the dealerships and encouraging dealers to use technicians who
> have gone out of their way to get additional training.

Personally, I think it's many years overdue to ditch the
presumption that acceptable technical skills are piano brand
specific. Shouldn't any competent tech be able to prep a new
*anything* without a specific manufacturer's certification?
I'm told that over half the PTG membership has never attended,
that's *never*, a national convention. I don't understand how
manufacturers pressuring their dealers will get the cheapest
tuners the dealer can find into any sort of training program
when they won't attend the training already offered them.

Just my perspective.
Ron N