[CAUT] Jeanie's brain storm - was Boston changed to dealers

TUNERBILL at aol.com TUNERBILL at aol.com
Mon Nov 23 18:33:30 MST 2009

David,

I'm with you.  If government stuck to its original duty to the public  we
would be a lot better off.  Market based even with all of its problems  is
still the way to go.  The big problem is that any form of leadership  relies
on honest individuals and a spirit of trust.  But unfortunately the  old
adage give an inch take a mile starts to take over.  OK, I'll get off  my
Utopian soap box now.

Getting back to the original intent of this post.  Would a written
contract between technician and dealer outlining the following:

All services preformed to be classified as prep work
Cost breakdown of each service preformed just in case you get the miracle
piano that only needs minimal prep.  You would bill the store for only the
work done.
Policy on handling customer call backs or complaints
Policy on future services to be done
Amount of time allotted to do the prep work, again broken down into each
service done
Travel expense
Policy for a piano that would have to come back to the shop for major
repair covered under prep work
Policy on replacing a piano that is found to be irreparable or unprepable
(is that even a word)

I'm sure there are more things but the above are situations that I have run
 into over the years.

Bill