[CAUT] Re:Shellac Voicing

Dan Rembold d_rembold at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 23 20:32:57 MST 2009

Sorry Andrew, I just now found your later posts with the brand etc.

By the way, shift voicing made a big difference on the Steinway I recently did also, even when the action was not in its shifted position.

I benefited from your story about being hesitant to "contaminate" new hammers, and the way you handled the concerns with your customer.  A lot of times I figure our job is to take a musical problem and translate it into a technical problem, and then solve it the best way our training and experience tells us, which is what you did.  Hope that's not too off-topic.

Dan