[CAUT] Una chorda shift "click"

Don Mannino DMannino at kawaius.com
Tue Nov 24 15:59:04 MST 2009

Ah, another mystery.  Keep in mind that noises travel a bit in the
keybed itself, so sometimes the location is misleading.

- Check for a loose balance rail glide bolt
- Tighten action stack screws
- Check keyframe glue joints on the right side of the action. I have had
this kind of noise with glue joints which have become loose.
- Remove, lube / rebush (if needed) una corda lever pivots. Check for
rubbing or interference.
- Remove spring and check for something fallen behind it. Make sure
screws tighten well when it's put back.
- Look at keyframe where una corda is pushing on it.  Check for split
/chipped wood or other damage.
- McLube 444 on top of una corda lever, side of keyframe, and on return
spring.

Don Mannino