[CAUT] Jeanie's brain storm - was Boston changed to dealers...

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed Nov 25 06:41:15 MST 2009

Jon and David,

Very well written.  I strongly agree with these sentiments.  When we
discover an issue, it's our responsibility to address it, and to disclose
it.  Dealers may not like it, but that's life.  If I don't disclose
something which later comes to light, no matter under what context, it looks
like a cover-up on my part.  I've always believed that my primary
responsibility is to my piano owning clients, and dealer comfort is second.

As Jon alluded to, I do think that when issues are discovered, they can and
should be disclosed tactfully, without casting aspersions at the
dealer/manufacturer until the dealer has had a chance to correct the
problem.  If it's handled diplomatically, it really should not be a problem
for the dealer, unless they decide not to take responsibility.

William R. Monroe