[CAUT] Cleaning old mold

Ruth Van Dine Ruth at VanDineDesign.com
Tue Sep 1 19:14:48 MDT 2009

The product was "Scott's Liquid Gold - Mod Control 500"  I think the 500
refers to 500 square feet of cleaning.  It is a box with a 2 part mixture
from ACE Hardware and was not with the rest of the regular mold cleaners.

I found the piano had been refinished and not the original finish and the
mildew was not so bad.   I cleaned with Murphy's and will go stronger in
need be.

Ruth

  _____

From: caut-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of
wimblees at aol.com
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 10:07 PM
To: caut at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Cleaning old mold

Ruth

The guy at the hardware store is right not to use bleach on shellac. But the
piano doesn't have a shellac finish. It's a lacquer finish. Ask him if the
mold products he has can be used on that.

What product did he give you to use on shellac?

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943