[CAUT] WNG parts

Chris Solliday csolliday at rcn.com
Sun Sep 6 06:58:15 MDT 2009

My big concern with these parts is the felt bushings. The samples I received had inconsistent pinning. I have not yet had time to repin and check on the results but it seems to me that the success of these parts is going to, in large part, come from their reliablility. Fit seems to be very good. I wonder how you replace a bushing that comes out. What glue to use?
So far every manufacutrer of parts has had runs of difficult to service felt. Will this be any different?
I'm in the middle of a M&H BB rebuild and would like to try these parts, so any insight from those who have done this would be most appreciative. I'm not too concerned about the tonal characteristics of the shanks themselves as long as they are consistent and as I read the specified tolerances they seem to be much more so than hornbeam. I think using Ronsen Bacon or Abel Naturals will be my choice. A softer hammer makes sense to me.
I am also encountering some reluctance on the part of a certain keyboard maker to use the keypins and backchecks for a replacement keyboard.I'll do the backchecks myself but it would be handy to have him install the pins with the new keys. Anybody have any experience with replacing Aeolian vintage M&H BB keyboards? I wonder if M&H does this? I wonder if  the key bushings fit can be a little closer adjusted with these pins?? Tolerance?
Well I only have questions anybody got answers?
thanks,
Chris Solliday