[CAUT] Fwd: WNG parts

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Thu Sep 10 16:21:55 MDT 2009

I'm assuming you're telling us that despite bushing
problems, the anodized aluminum pin performed well, yes?
Yes, the anodized aluminum pins seem to work noticeably better than conventional front pins.  The bushing (Renner cloth) got tighter (hence, it went from having a slight but positive knock from side to side to not having it), probably due to an increase in relative humidity (which has greatly aided firefighters in combating the local 160,000+ acre "Station fire" that's been in the national news).  The bushing was initially ironed with straight broaches from Pianotek.

Alan