[CAUT] Steinway Documentary (Paul T Williams)

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 15 16:07:57 MDT 2009

I want one!

Ed S.
  The bridge notching chisels I have seen in Japan are very cool - they are angle chisels, with an angled cutting edge.  The bridge notches are cut in from the side, which helps to keep the string termination really clean.  The chisel cuts the vertical drop and the notch at the same time.

  The Kawai factory 'propaganda' video shows one of these in use, if you have a Kawai dealer nearby.  I have attached a scan of one of the chisels in use, but it's not from the best angle.

  Don Mannino