[CAUT] Horace Greeley's Transplant Surgery

Bdshull at aol.com Bdshull at aol.com
Thu Sep 17 09:44:52 MDT 2009

All,

Horace has asked me to forward the news about his recent transplant
surgery.  He'd like to send along news himself but his "brain's presently  too
loaded with steroids and pain killers for much serious  functioning."    I'll
copy Carol's post to you all.

Bill

Bill Shull, RPT, M.Mus.
_bdshull at aol.com_ (mailto:bdshull at aol.com)

Here is Carol's email:

Greetings, everyone ~~

To be relatively brief, the transplant went  very well for both Horace
and his donor Laura.  The kidney began its  work right away and is doing
very well!

Because of transplants at  UCSF in the preceding night, everything was
late on the day's  schedule.  The surgeries began over three hours late,
meaning that  Reece was taken to pre-op at 3:30.

Because of pain management issues we  were in post-op for 5 hours.  He
was glad to see his room at 3:00 a.m.  and I've just got home to send the
report.  We're sorry it has come out  so far behind schedule.

Thanks to each one of you for your support and  kind thoughts!

Best, Carol (and Horace)