[CAUT] plate finish

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Sep 18 17:38:06 MDT 2009

I have a rebuild estimate out on a S&S B with the brown (or
whatever it is) crinkled plate finish. I haven't yet had the -
uh - experience of finishing one of these, so I shot in the
dark on that part of the estimate. Should the sky open up and
this actually comes through, am I going to have to take this
down to bare iron to refinish it after modifications, or will
leveling it some and loading on the polyester primer do it?
How tough is the stuff? If this process is going to be ugly, I
don't want to be unduly surprised. Despair and resignation
going in, I can do. Not that it'll happen, but...

Ron N