[CAUT] New flu info

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Wed Sep 23 20:18:07 MDT 2009

Alcohol may kill germs, but it also dries hands.

Shellac dissolves in it.

I've replaced keytops on a couple of old (1960's?) spinets
where each keytop had eight or ten wide crosswise cracks. One owner
told me her mother had given lessons using the piano, and frequently
cleaned the keytops with alcohol. I suspected that the alcohol
had dissolved out the plasticizers over time.

Might more recent keytops be made of different plastic?

Susan Kline