[CAUT] New flu info- phisohex soap

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Wed Sep 23 20:36:47 MDT 2009

I just Googled "PhisoHex Soap" and wandered around awhile.

Hexachlorophene appears to be a two-edged sword. For some purposes,
it's very good, but it is toxic as well. If you wash with it,
be sure to rinse well. People with broken skin and very young
people should probably avoid it. In the U.S. it's available
by prescription only.

http://www.wikigenes.org/e/chem/e/3598.html

Reading all that stuff was sort of scary -- the whole time I
was growing up we washed with Dial soap, which had hexachlorophene
in it. We were really casual about using carbon tet and DDT as well.

Susan Kline