[CAUT] New flu info

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Sep 24 13:05:29 MDT 2009

Ron, Others,

I just got off the phone with the administrator needing a policy, and the bottom line is this; what can a faculty member do to his piano after a student with questionable hygienic practices (read, sneezes, wipes nose with hand, then plays piano) leaves the room and the faculty person doesn't really want to play on it w/o disinfecting it? It's easy to say students should wash their hands, or just wash your hands, but I'd rather not press my fingers into someone else's snot. (How delicate is that now...) No matter what, there must be a way for teachers to safely wipe down the keys if they feel a need to do so. Alcohol wipes would be ideal, IF they indeed didn't ruin keytops.

Jim

<<<Indelicately put as it may have been, the only realistic
approach I can see is to disinfect the incoming before the
fact, rather than try to purge the area after each has come
and gone.>>>
Ron N