[CAUT] Polishing Agraffes

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu Sep 24 20:22:07 MDT 2009

Buffing out to a high sheen definitely looks nice but unless you clear coat
them the brass begins to oxidize and your sheen is lost within a year or so.

While the shape may not be perfect out of the box I think the question is to
what effect.  A quick reaming by hand seems to be all that is necessary for
clean and stable termination.  Since that's my ultimate goal anything beyond
that seems like overkill.  Once the string slides through there a few times
under tension it's questionable just how perfect that shape remains anyway,
at least at the point of contact.    Then again, I do go the extra mile in a
lot of areas so I can't really criticize.  It's more drawing a distinction
between what's nice and what's necessary.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com