[CAUT] Polishing Agraffes

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Fri Sep 25 06:38:29 MDT 2009

Hi David,

The reamers you're talking about are the ones that Chris Robinson uses, I think, and they are way better than a raw, new agraffe. But while the polishing method (P's) takes maybe an hour longer, if you look through a good magnifier the "hour glass" shape seems to be "bigger" or more pronounced and seems to not leave the ridges that I couldn't easily get rid of with the reamer. Maybe I'm being too nitpicky, and maybe it's just my imagination, but I still heard some noise in some of the agraffes when I just reamed them. And maybe it's because my eyes couldn't see (w/o and eye loop of 10X) when I wasn't reaming them good enough. I think the reamer is probably 90% good enough though. Oxidization doesn't seem to produce noise, does it? Maybe I'll start clearcoating them too.

Best,
Jim