[CAUT] grand knuckles

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu Sep 24 20:55:37 MDT 2009

On Sep 24, 2009, at 8:08 PM, David Love wrote:

> For loose leather why not just replace the knuckle?  Seems faster,
> easier,
> probably a better result, though the knuckles are not a throw away
> in terms
> of cost.

	Well, it's one option to have available. And it takes a lot less time
also than replacing knuckles, besides saving the parts cost. I do it
with the shanks on the frame. So it is a good inexpensive alternative,
and also a quicker procedure. Depends on the condition of the leather,
though, what the results will be.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico