[CAUT] grand knuckles

Dan Rembold d_rembold at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 25 16:34:53 MDT 2009

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  I'll try each of your ideas out, and save replacement of the knuckles as a last resort for now.

The situation that brought about this question may have happened to some of you.  We had Mr. Barry Snyder from Eastman come for a program, and I was sure I had nailed the concert prep.  After the program, Mr. Snyder commented that he really liked the voicing and the piano in general, but he felt the repetition could have been a little better.  I knew the speed of repetition was not a problem so the only thing I could think of in hindsight was this subtle problem with the knuckles.  I like it best when the performer is free to think about the music, and doesn't even notice the piano.

Thanks again,
Dan
Auburn University