[CAUT] Action Rail Flange Cloth

Mccoy, Alan amccoy at ewu.edu
Wed Sep 30 15:26:35 MDT 2009

The last several rails I have used string braid covered with beeswax that has been thinned with turpentine. Heat the wax to melt it, add a bit of TRPS (TRPS is the much-welcomed, less-smelly replacement for real turpentine) to thin the wax. Put the braid on the rail, and brush on the wax. Work fast. I've done it without the turpentine, but it was too thick for my taste.

Alan McCoy