[CAUT] When to restring...

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Aug 3 14:20:02 MDT 2010

On Aug 3, 2010, at 1:39 PM, Ed Foote wrote:

>  Rendering problems in the felt areas are easily removed by using
> Pro-tek on the felt.

I wish. I did everything I could think of with one of those G-2s,
first Protek, then actually moving the strings side to side on the
felt, rubbing in teflon powder, etc. Very small improvement. New
strings on felt brushed with Mclube, and it is a completely different
animal.
	I find that sometimes protek helps, but not as much or as often as
I'd like, even using it VERY liberally.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico