[CAUT] When to restring...

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Tue Aug 3 14:31:13 MDT 2010

 I wrote:

 Rendering problems in the felt areas are easily removed by using Pro-tek on the felt.

Fred writes:

>>I wish. I did everything I could think of with one of those G-2s, first Protek, then actually moving the strings side to side on the felt, rubbing in teflon powder, etc. Very small improvement. =

      Just goes to show how different experiences land in different lives.  I have never had a rendering problem that Pro-tek didn't solve, totally.  This includes several old Knabe's with their excessive draft angles,as well as many Yamahas and Steinways. Some had visible corrosion,(of the sort that makes you think to bring your stringing kit in with you), and some didn't look bad, at all.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT