[CAUT] When to restring...

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Thu Aug 5 20:53:51 MDT 2010

Even heat treating old brass flanges does nothing to them. It's a myth,
Greg. The problem with the old flanges is a fracture mechanics problem due to
the repeated striking of the hammer on the string and the carry of energy
to the  (brass flange) center, not a degradation of the brass itself.

Paul

In a message dated 8/5/2010 8:48:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time,