[CAUT] When to restring...

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Sat Aug 7 17:09:48 MDT 2010

Hi Paul,

 But the tonal difference is audible and (becoming more) measurable.
There seem to be two issues here which I need to delineate in my own mind.  On one hand, there are those who say that if the agraffe is not making some extraneous noise, then it is "not a bad agraffe" (and therefore, presumably, a good one).  But do I read you correctly that you are saying a Revenko'd agraffe will not only be free of the buzzes and sizzles that sometimes occur, but will sound better than an agraffe that has not had the benefit of this treatment?  If so, then sign me up for a test drive.  Just yesterday, while trying to give some overview of our craft to a promising new apprentice, when he remarked about the level of detail attention in our work, I was reminded that so many of the big differences in piano maintenance are actually comprised of many little things that work together.  Hey, like Jim Busby I am fortunate to have work-study student assistance.  If you claim and Jim corroborates that polished agraffes contribute to better overall tone, we will try it out.

Alan Eder