[CAUT] lanolin in hammers/VS pro-felt?

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Aug 6 09:02:44 MDT 2010

On Aug 6, 2010, at 6:35 AM, Paul T Williams wrote:

> I haven't tried it on hammers.  Will do since I have a bunch of this
> stuff.  I have had some success with slightly worn bushings, but not
> much else.  Some 1098's upstairs will get the stuff next week as I
> get ready for the students' return.

	I think you will find it behaves much the same as alcohol, fabric
softener, and water, except that it has MUCH more water. Hence, "a few
drops" is key. More will lead to very dead hammers, like over
steaming. Or you could "dilute it" with alcohol. I like a solution
with less water, because I can put more on, have it penetrate deeper,
and the effect is less drastic but lasts longer.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/FredSturm