[CAUT] slipping key slip

Chris Solliday chris at csollidaypiano.com
Tue Aug 10 13:19:06 MDT 2010

The last new S&S keyslip I got came without mortices and needed to be trimmed for thickness and pins inserted. If you can’t inlay you probably can’t do the other items. And sorry, the screw through the slip into the block is just not the right approach. It ends reasonable adjustment for clearance. Better to repair with inlay, mind the grain orientation, remortice, and adjust screws and pins for clearance.

JMHO

Chris Solliday