[CAUT] slipping key slip

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Aug 10 14:45:14 MDT 2010

I've got an M in a practice room where somebody solved that problem by
removing the screws from the cheek blocks, drilled holes through the
slip corresponding to each of those locations, and attached the slip
with round head screws to the blocks (using the same holes in the
blocks). Functional. I haven't bothered to change the system.
Fred
On Aug 10, 2010, at 1:19 PM, Chris Solliday wrote:

> The last new S&S keyslip I got came without mortices and needed to
> be trimmed for thickness and pins inserted. If you can’t inlay you
> probably can’t do the other items. And sorry, the screw through the
> slip into the block is just not the right approach. It ends
> reasonable adjustment for clearance. Better to repair with inlay,
> mind the grain orientation, remortice, and adjust screws and pins
> for clearance.
> JMHO
> Chris Solliday

Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." Twain