[CAUT] Schnabel

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 11 06:46:45 MDT 2010

In a failed quote search, I rediscovered Charles Rosen's Piano Notes: The World of the Pianist, a remarkable book from someone who has spent his life with the 9 foot beast.

Many comments are useful to the piano technician, including the suggestion to lube the front keypins when the pianist is going to perform a piece that has difficult glissandi.

His discussion of the expressive use of equal temperament is appropriate to many of our discussions.

ES