[CAUT] U. of Northern Iowa position

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Wed Aug 11 19:33:23 MDT 2010

Hi Jeff,

So you would prefer a "retired fireman" who sat next to the siren for 50
years? Or perhaps a talented "ditch digger"?

At 03:29 PM 8/11/2010 -0700, you wrote:
>Based on my experience and education background, it is a misconception
that having (or pursuing) a music degree gives one a better understanding
of music and musicians, nor does it mean one can or cannot play. The
collegiate system of earning academic credit hours is a grossly inefficient
method of teaching music. Ask those folks who wrote that music Mr. Schnabel
was speaking of where they got their music degrees.

>Pursuing a music degree can help those who are inclined, but at the same
time the collegiate system may be also guilty of holding them back.

>Jeff Tanner

mailto:pianotuna at yahoo.com	http://www.donrose.ca/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716