[CAUT] Fred's rebuttal and apology

tannertuner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 12 12:41:13 MDT 2010

I don't have time for a complete response, but I harbor no resentment of the people I worked for. I don't play political games and I'm no brown noser. Respect me as a human being and a professional and the respect will be mutual. Don't expect me to bow. I'm not anybody's servant, and I have my own achievements that are simply different, perhaps not as notable, but no less respectable. I respect their work, but no one here is a god above anyone else. It doesn't take long for me to recognize snobbery, which was evident at the faculty party when I was first introduced as the new staff technician. I have too much else to worry about than playing their mind games, or worse, being considered a snob by guilt of association. Their whole life is playing the game, everything else be damned. My purpose is to support my family. Perhaps you were better at playing their games.

you wrote:
 That
> kind of resentment and bitterness is obvious to most and
> picked up very quickly by people with artistic
> temperaments.

That's a creative way of saying "you're not molly coddling their lofty egos". I don't just see it among the faculty. I hung out with the music majors in college, too, during and after my college years. It starts there with all the jealousy and competitive envy, and that immaturity simply continues into professional life. I don't know why that competitive envy that takes the form of ego seems so more prominent among musicians than other people I meet. I know some who refuse to be in the same room together, and it's nothing more than jealosy. It's ridiculous.

What I have expressed are observations. Not resentment.

Jeff