[CAUT] Renner replacement back action problem

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed Aug 25 11:37:46 MDT 2010

Shelley,

I would suggest that the spring is probably not there.  Since the noise is
only heard when the key activates the damper lever, I would first look at
the action at notes 43 and 44.  Maybe the spring is there and lodged between
a couple keys.  Then, possibly something at the key end felt/underlever
interface.  If with the action removed you can lift the offending dampers
and cannot detect any difference between Eflat 4 and E4, the problem is
likely not in the damper/underlever assembly.

Good luck,
William R. Monroe