[CAUT] Hailun & Suzuki vs. Yamaha

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Aug 27 10:20:03 MDT 2010

On Aug 27, 2010, at 7:37 AM, Aaron Bousel wrote:

> "What I need is any specific reasons why Hailin or Suzuki are not at
> the Yamaha level.  Everyone so far agrees we need to go w/ the
> Yamahas, but I need specific reasons why the Suzuki or Hailin's
> don't work---poor tone, action is known for too request repairs,
> or??? "

	Is there any possibility of having an evaluation committee try out
sample pianos and rate them? That is the method I use to keep
purchasing happy. We actually try out the physical pianos we will
purchase (or not), so it isn't just a matter of brand X model Y, but I
don't see why it couldn't be done with samples as well. Each member of
our committee tries the pianos individually and gives them ratings in
various categories, and then I average them numerically.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
"I am only interested in music that is better than it can be played."
Schnabel