[CAUT] Hailun & Suzuki vs. Yamaha

James Patrick Draine draine at me.com
Fri Aug 27 16:30:19 MDT 2010

On Aug 27, 2010, at 5:31 PM, Paul T Williams wrote:

> My question or statement is: Have you looked at Kawai's too.

I was having the same thought too. I think Aaron should provide the administration a bit of benchmarking: there are XXX number of All Steinway schools, YY  number of All Yamaha schools, Z number of All Kawai schools. There are (probably) no All Suzuki or All Hailun schools in North America.
The Chinese made Suzuki that I've encountered are not acceptable for university usage. Hailun sounds interesting, but no track record in the US. Ed's suggestion of requesting a couple "sample" loaners from Hailun would be interesting.
Maybe give Steinerts (MA Steinway dealer) a call for a quote -- then perhaps the bean counter-budget people will start to understand.
I'd push for Yamaha U1s or Kawai's equivalent.
Good luck,
Patrick Draine