[CAUT] How big is too big?

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Wed Nov 3 21:42:50 MDT 2010

On Nov 3, 2010, at 9:22 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:

> So back to the original question. Why did the font sizes go up with
> nested replies back when I originally mentioned it? And why did they
> show up here as the original super chunky super nasty Mac rendering?
> Did that happen on anyone else's screen?
>
> Ron N

They were rendered as you describe on my computer (though with rounded
edges, not jagged). I think it has to do with html language, which
often (always?) doesn't actually specify a font size, but rather a
word like small, medium or large. Then a second email program
interprets it differently from the original intent, and a third again,
etc.
	I find the font sizes from several posters is rendered very small (10
point or smaller) by my email app. So it goes both ways. And there are
occasionally wrapping issues, where there is no end to a line
(extending horizontally forever) until a "return." I'm sure these
things can be addressed, but I'm not the one who is going to address
them (other than upping the size of those 10 pt messages so my aging
eyes can focus on them).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu