[CAUT] How big is too big?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Nov 3 21:59:41 MDT 2010

On 11/3/2010 10:42 PM, Fred Sturm wrote:

> They were rendered as you describe on my computer (though with rounded
> edges, not jagged). I think it has to do with html language, which often
> (always?) doesn't actually specify a font size, but rather a word like
> small, medium or large. Then a second email program interprets it
> differently from the original intent, and a third again, etc.
> I find the font sizes from several posters is rendered very small (10
> point or smaller) by my email app. So it goes both ways. And there are
> occasionally wrapping issues, where there is no end to a line (extending
> horizontally forever) until a "return." I'm sure these things can be
> addressed, but I'm not the one who is going to address them (other than
> upping the size of those 10 pt messages so my aging eyes can focus on
> them).

Right. Arbitrary and effectively random. Starting with the apparently
erroneous presumption that content ought to matter at least somewhat
more than style on a list like this, and the also apparent demonstrated
inability of the various mail clients to handle html uniformly and
predictably, what's wrong with plain text?

Ron N