[CAUT] How big is too big?

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Wed Nov 3 22:08:40 MDT 2010

On Nov 3, 2010, at 9:59 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:

> Right. Arbitrary and effectively random. Starting with the
> apparently erroneous presumption that content ought to matter at
> least somewhat more than style on a list like this, and the also
> apparent demonstrated inability of the various mail clients to
> handle html uniformly and predictably, what's wrong with plain text?
>
> Ron N

Sounds good to me. It is not all that easy on some email clients to
figure out how to set that. So it is a question of asking everyone who
posts to please do that (at least when posting to a list), and then
seeing if there is any improvement. Someone could research how each
email client sets these things up and post detailed instructions. That
would increase traffic on the list, as people discuss the issue. Lack
of traffic is disconcerting to some, so we kill two birds with one
stone <G>.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu