[CAUT] Toughest piece for piano stability?

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Mon Nov 8 08:38:26 MST 2010

On Nov 8, 2010, at 7:08 AM, Shelley wrote:

> So begging the question, who is the most powerful player that you’ve
> ever voiced/tuned for?

	Actually, my vote for Cecil Taylor does not apply to "making the
piano go out of tune," just to really getting maximum motion out of
all the strings in the piano. I didn't find that his playing made the
piano go particularly out of tune, while the technique of other
pianists is more apt to do so. I think it has to do with a more
brittle attack, lack of fluidity in the technique - which is also the
kind of technique that will lead to broken strings and piano parts,
and to ugly sound as well.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." Twain