[CAUT] Toughest piece for piano stability?

Scott E. Thile scott.thile at murraystate.edu
Mon Nov 8 10:56:51 MST 2010

Harry Perkins destroyed my tuning on one of our Ds during a solo jazz
recital last year. It was louder harder playing than I've seen or heard in a
very long while. This piano has stability issues on one note in particular
(D#6), and I'll lose that unison during very heavy playing from time to
time, but he found a bunch more of them! I'm surprised he didn't break
anything but my ego ;(

I really need to restring the top two sections of that piano...

Scott E. Thile
Murray State University