[CAUT] Toughest piece for piano stability?

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Mon Nov 8 16:45:36 MST 2010

On Nov 8, 2010, at 3:56 PM, Susan Kline wrote:

> But D#6 is the note which is wonky, on several D's I look after.

I can't say I've noticed that note in particular, but I'll check the
next time I tune our Ds, which will be Wed. If you suspect a
connection with the bell, you could test that theory by removing the
bolt, tightening it a bit, loosening it a bit, seeing if there is a
change. It's absence will not make the plate explode. I had one where
the nut had fallen off for who knows how long, bolt just dangling,
until it started buzzing sometimes and I traced it to the dangling
bolt. Kind of like the cross bar - you can remove either without any
particular risk. Just don't sue me if it DOES explode <G>.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
http://www.createculture.org/profile/FredSturm