[CAUT] vellum hinges (was Re: Baldwin D bridge)

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 19 07:06:41 MST 2010

At risk of showing the weak side of my ethics, I will mention that it is possible to do an emergency repair of a vellum hinge by making a flexible collar of silicone caulk, sold in tubes as aquarium sealent in pet stores. When it is time for a proper repair, the caulk peels away, leaving no residue.

Every major intersection has a PetSmart these days. Maybe I was born into the wrong species.

Ed Sutton