[CAUT] Life for adjustable piano benches?

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Sun Nov 21 06:47:20 MST 2010

Paul:

When I was at SMU most benches were "borrowed" by a student who needed it not by larcenous intent.  The problem was solved when we tied a lengths of chain from the piano to the bench.  Extreme?  Probably.  One piano faculty member who had a special high bench that students would "borrow" when they knew he was out of town but then didn't return it, asked me to chain his bench.  It stayed.

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu