[CAUT] Teflon Bushings

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Wed Nov 24 05:53:41 MST 2010

>>I'm reconditioning an action. I want to reinforce the yokes to

inhibit moisture.
Is thin CA sufficient? I also have Epoxy Tech. 301  but would prefer
the ease of CA.

May years ago, I treated a set of factory teflon shanks by punching all the teflon out, and dipping the ends into Brookstone's penetrating epoxy. The next day, I reinstalled the bushings, pinned them, and never had another problem with them for the six years they lasted on the stage.  At the time, a factory rep. saw them and said it was a good idea, but the factory would never do that because it change the color of the shanks end.  go figure.
   I think the WNG parts, with the "hard bushings" may perform as well, and since bushing cloth is now either so inferior or the skill needed to make it work is so lacking that something is going to have to change.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT