[CAUT] Teflon Bushings

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Fri Nov 26 13:41:44 MST 2010

>Did you confirm the improvement before doing them all?

No, I just know something beneficial will come of it.

Since there were many hammer center pins drifted, it needed repinning.
Since I have to remove the hammers from the rail, I'll file them with a
spindle sander and install fine emery cloth on the rail for grip.

Since the flanges would be off, I figured I'd remove the bushings and
reinforce.
The bushings were reinstalled in the glue-sized holes.

While it's all apart,  what the heck, move the knuckles. I did
determine that the
relocated core would line up better with the jack center. I first
considered moving
the stack back to improve leverage but settled on knuckle placement.

The original knuckles looked like about 11mm width. I put on 10 mm diameter.

>If the knuckles had been in good condition, could you have achieved
>your goal by re-using them?

I tried to pull them but they were real tight. So I cut them off, it
saved having to
  shim the slot on the relocation. I didn't have to worry about saving
them since
I had a freebee set anyway.

I re-arced the tails to remove a hump and checkering (noisy) and
graduated the weight.
I'll repin tomorrow.

Regards,

Jon Page