[CAUT] chop saw (was:Teflon Bushings)

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Fri Nov 26 14:52:35 MST 2010

>What else have you used the chop saw for?

Nothing so far, it's a fifty dedicated knuckle cutter right now.

I was considering using it to cut tenor counter bearings but the
width of the non-ferrous cut-off wheel would chew up too much material.
I'll go with a band saw blade.

I finally ordered brass half-round stock from RJ Leahy Co. (plus half-oval)
They seem to have the best pricing even though its not on their website yet.
I wish I knew where they get it... they're in CA so unless they get
it from Asia,
the source is closer to me.  AND it's unpolished !

I have a customer with an M which is a ratchetting nightmare in the tenor.
These will make it tuneable.

Regards,

Jon Page