[CAUT] Bridge root material

Delwin D Fandrich del at fandrichpiano.com
Fri Oct 1 15:35:17 MDT 2010

From: Keith Roberts [mailto:keithspiano at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 2:04 PM
To: Delwin D Fandrich; College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Bridge root material

At first I thought it was dim light and yellowing shellac that had confused
me. So I sanded it down a little and it looks like Oak to me and my buddy.
It is a German Piano and so must be of European origin.

But then again, Hemholtz used holes to isolate frequency and project sound
directionally. That holes are a sound absorbing medium is not true. They are
a heat absorbing as insulation but all insulations do not make great sound
barriers. Still, it's probably not as good

KR

Seriously, I can't see it mattering all that much. They both have about the
same mass, stiffness and internal resistance and not much else seems to
matter.

Delwin D Fandrich

Piano Design & Fabrication

620 South Tower Avenue