[CAUT] Yamaha Avant Grand Digital questions

Brad Smith, RPT pianotech at smithpiano.com
Fri Oct 1 16:46:23 MDT 2010

Agreed, construction may be the solution.

Another idea ( easier construction job ) would be to add a pair of 2x4
"feet" to your skid board....one at each at about 6inches from the ends of
the board.

They become anchor points for straps that can apply opposing force as you
tie down the piano.

I've made skidboards with these type of "feet" installed.   Also done a
couple where they are removable, using counter sunk machine bolts and T nuts
flush mounted to the surface of the skidboard, ( under the covering of the
skidboard )
http://hzshenai.en.china.cn/selling-leads/detail,1080255090,Tee-Nuts-T-Nuts.html

The placement of these feet help position the dolly in the same place each
time.

I attached a screen shot of this setup made in Google Sketchup.

--
--
Brad Smith

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Paul T Williams <pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu