[CAUT] Yamaha Avant Grand Digital questions

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Oct 1 13:55:35 MDT 2010

I think the wedge will have to be constructed.  Even if I put
downwards,(towards the far end of the piano) there would still only be two
feet and a little bit on the board with a different angle and no 90 degree
place to put any strap on it.  Perhaps I should design and patent it and
make some bucks!??!!

I'm also wondering why Yamaha didn't think of this when designing it.  I
realize this piano wasn't really designed for institutional use, but
perhaps it should have been thought out better.  I certainly wouldn't put
it on a moving board and into a truck to go to our East Campus without
some sort of better support. It would certainly have dire consequences.  I
sure wish I could have seen them uncrate it at the Yamaha store when it
arrived! It didn't even come with a bench! :>(

Best,
Paul