[CAUT] Rebuilding a Yamaha without Yamaha action parts

Michael Magness ifixpiano at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 15:49:11 MDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Shelley <srbanders at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Thank you so much for the info about Collodion!
>
> I have a question regarding rebuilding a Yamaha C5 action circa 1980.  This
> piano is in a small performance hall.  It is time to replace all of the
> action parts.  The piano is always ‘miked’.
> Has anyone used parts and hammers not from Yamaha to success in this
> situation?  I really don’t relish paying those high costs and needling until
> I need physical therapy!  Are there parts and hammers that are particularly
> recommended by those of you who have a broader experience than I?
> For home use I have used the Renner blues, the best Ronson’s of 4 years
> ago,  and the Encore Wurtzen from Wally Brooks to great success.  What about
> in a hall?
> Wippens?
>
> Your input would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Shelley
>

> On 10/5/10 6:06 PM, "bdshull" <bdshull at aol.com> wrote:
>

> Sent from my HTC Tilt™ 2, a Windows® phone from AT&T
>
> ------------------------------

I redid the shanks, flanges & hammers on a C5 last summer. It was located in
a high school with a swimming pool indoors so I chose to use the WN&G carbon
fiber shanks & flanges w/Abel SP hammers.
I've had many compliments on the piano since.

Mike
--

I think we are a product of all our experiences.
Sanford I. Weill<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/sanfordiw283095.html>

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404