[CAUT] Bass string & Aliquot bar contact noise

Edward Sambell esambell at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 10 21:36:39 MDT 2010

One instance I recall was a bass string too close to one of the tenor hitchpins,
so that it touched under a heavy blow. Another was insufficient space between
the string and the surface of the damper wire guide rail. This also needed a
heavy blow to produce unwanted noise. This was visible as well, as one could see
the string vibrating from side to side instead of up and down.

Ted Sambell